Schedule of Masses
The Lenten Season begins on Ash Wednesday (February 10, 2016). Masses in our parish will be celebrated at these times:
6AM, 8AM, 10AM, 12:15PM, 5:15PM, 7PM
Ash Wednesday and Good Friday are obligatory days of fasting and absti- nence for Catholics. In addition, Fridays during Lent are obligatory days of abstinence.
The norms on fasting are obligatory from age 18 until age 59. When fasting, a person is permitted to eat one full meal. Two smaller meals may also be taken, but not to equal a full meal. The norms concerning abstinence from meat are binding upon members of the Church from age 14 onwards. Those exempted are the sick and those with a medical condition, pregnant women and nursing mothers.
Moments of Mercy
How can we show others the mercy of God? We say that God is compassionate, but we ignore the poor. We say that God loves us and has mercy on us, but we hold grudges against our friends. Our actions need to authentically reflect God’s mercy.
Spiritual Works of Mercy
Last week, we learned a few things about the Corporal Works of Mercy. This week, we become familiar with the Spiritual Works of Mercy. The Spiritual Works of Mercy have long
been a part of the Christian tradition, appearing in the works of theologians and spiritual writers throughout history. Just as Jesus attended to the spiritual well-being of those he ministered to, these Spiritual Works of Mercy guide us to also help our neighbor in their spiritual needs.
1. Counseling the doubtful. Everyone has moments of doubt in their journey. We should always remember that Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and turn to Him along our way. *Listen to counsel and receive instruction, that you may eventually become wise.” (Proverbs 19:20)
2. Instructing the Ignorant. Learn about our faith and be open to talking with others about our be- liefs. There is always something more to discover about our Catholic faith. *Invite someone to attend Mass with you next weekend.
3. Admonishing the Sinner. Do not judge, but be supportive in helping others find their way and correct their mistakes. Together we can learn to walk more closely with Christ. *When you correct someone, don’t be arrogant. We are all in need of God’s loving correction.
4. Comforting the Sorrowful. Be open to listening and comforting those who are dealing with grief. Even if we aren’t sure of the right words to say, our presence can make a big difference. *Write a letter or send a card to someone who is suffering.
5. Forgiving Injuries. Forgiving others is difficult at times because we do not have God’s limitless mercy and compassion. But Jesus teaches us that we should forgive as God forgives, relying on him to help us show others the mercy of God. *Go to confession.
6. Bearing Wrongs Patiently. Do not be bitter about wrongs done against you. Place your hope in God so that you can endure the troubles of this world and face them with a compassionate spirit. *Frustrated with someone? Step away from the situation, take a few deep breaths, and pray the Our Father, asking God for patience.
7. Praying for the Living and the Dead. Prayer is one of the most powerful ways we can support others. Joining together in prayer for the living and the dead entrusts us all into God’s care. *Request a Mass intention for a friend or family member who is going through a tough time, or who has passed away. You can also keep a personal book of your own intentions and remember these intentions in your personal prayers.
Learn about this week's parish updates and upcoming events.
Find out about our organization, mission, teachings, and the results of our decades of advocacy for God.
- Saturday: 5:00 pm & 7:00 pm
6:00 am (Chamorro)
9:00 am (Astumbo)
12:00 pm (Filipino)
2:00 pm (Chuukese)
- Daily: 6:00 am &
- Tuesdays & Fridays also: 11:30 am
- Saturday: 6:00 am
- Monday to Friday: 15 mins before the 6:00 am and 7:00 pm masses (at the chapel)
- Saturday: 4:30 pm (at the upper church)
Divine mercy adoration chapel:
- Monday to Friday: 7:00 am - 6:30 pm
- Saturday: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Sunday: closed
- Monday to Friday except Thursday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (except closed from 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm)
- Closed on Sundays, Thursdays, Holy Days & Holidays.