Read This Week's Gospel Reflection
ALL Santa Barbara Parishioners Please Watch This Video. Thank You!
May God Bless You and Your Family!
Santa Barbara Parish Welcomes
Archbishop Savio Hon Tai Fai!!
Santa Barbara Parish Registration Fees
CCD (Grades 1-5): $35
EDGE (Grades 6-8): $25
From the General Instruction of the Roman Missal (GIRM)
(The observance of the liturgical norms and rubrics)
The General Instruction of the Roman Missal, from the Roman Missal, Third Edition, seeks to promote more conscious, active, and full participation of the faithful in the mystery of the Eucharist and provides specific detail about each element of the Order of Mass as well as other information related to the Mass.
Pope Benedict explains: “These texts contain riches which have preserved and expressed the faith and experience of the People of God over its two- thousand-year history. Equally important for a correct ars celebrandi is an attentiveness to the various kinds of language that the liturgy employs: words and music, gestures and silence, movement, the liturgical colors of the vestments. By its very nature the liturgy operates on different levels of communication which enable it to engage the whole human per- son.” (Sacramentum Caritatis, no. 40)
“May our study and observance of liturgical norms and rubrics continue to foster prayerful and fruitful celebration of the Eucharist, that this moment in the renewal of the Liturgy will strengthen us for the ongoing renewal of the Church.” - Rev. Richard B. Hilgartner (Executive Director, USCCB Secretariat of Divine Worship) (2011)
The General structure of the mass
p. 14, #27. At Mass, or the Lord’s Supper the People of God is called together, with a Priest presiding and acting in the person of Christ, to celebrate the memorial of the Lord or Eucharistic Sacrifice. In an outstanding way there applies to such a local gathering of the holy Church the promise of Christ: “Where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in their midst” (Mt 18:20). For in the celebration of Mass, in which the Sacrifice of the Cross is perpetuated, Christ is really present in the very assembly gathered in his name, in the person of the minister, in his word, and indeed substantially and uninterruptedly under the Eucharistic species.
28. The Mass consists in some sense of two parts, namely the Liturgy of the Word and the Liturgy of the Eucharist, these being so closely interconnected that they form but one single act of worship. For in the Mass is spread the table both of God’s Word and the Body of Christ, and from it the faithful are to be instructed and refreshed. There are also certain rites that open and conclude the celebration.
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops www.USCCB.org
Learn about this week's parish updates and upcoming events.
Find out about our organization, mission, teachings, and the results of our decades of advocacy for God.
- Saturday: 5:00 pm & 7:00 pm
6:00 am (Chamorro)
9:00 am (Astumbo)
12:00 pm (Filipino)
2:00 pm (Chuukese)
- Daily: 6:00 am &
- Tuesdays & Fridays also: 11:30 am
- Saturday: 6:00 am
- Monday to Friday: 15 mins before the 6:00 am and 7:00 pm masses (at the chapel)
- Saturday: 4:30 pm (at the upper church)
Divine mercy adoration chapel:
- Monday to Friday: 7:00 am - 6:30 pm
- Saturday: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Sunday: closed
- Monday to Friday except Thursday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (except closed from 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm)
- Closed on Sundays, Thursdays, Holy Days & Holidays.