NINETEENTH Sunday in Ordinary Time
AUGUST 12, 2018
Registration for CCD, Confirmation and RCIA is closed. Please see below for class infor-mation.
CCD (Grades 1—8)
Opening Mass is September 1, 2018. Mandatory parent/guardian meeting after Mass.
Confirmation (Grades 9-12)
Orientation for all Confirmation students and their parents will be held on Sunday, August 12 at 2:00PM in the upper parish hall.
RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults)
Classes are held every Sunday at 9AM.
First day of classes to be announced at a later date.
To receive Holy Communion worthily:
1. You must be in a state of grace, not having committed any mortal sin. If you have committed a mortal sin, you must go to confession before receiving Holy Communion.
2. You must believe that Jesus is truly present in the Eucharist. It is our Lord whom you receive in Holy Communion.
3. You must observe the Eucharistic Fast. The Church says we must fast one hour before Mass. This means no food or drink. The only exceptions are water and medication.
4. You must spend time thanking Jesus after you have received Him in Holy Communion. It is recommended that we pray the Anima Christi.
Additional resources: www.medjugorje.org/adorehim; www.uga.edu/cc/liturgy/adoration.htm; 2heartsnetwork.org/adoration.htm; In the Presence of the Lord: The History, Theology & Psychology of Eucharistic Adoration by Fr. Benedict Groeschel
Santa Barbara Parish Prayer Ministry
prays the Rosary and Divine Mercy Chaplet
for prayer intentions.
May God Bless You & Your Family!
- Saturday: 5:00 pm & 7:00 pm
6:00 am (Chamorro)
9:00 am (Astumbo)
12:00 pm (Filipino)
2:00 pm (Chuukese)
- Daily: 6:00 am &
- Tuesdays & Fridays also: 11:30 am
- Saturday: 6:00 am
- Monday to Friday: 15 mins before the 6:00 am and 6:00 pm masses (at the chapel)
- Saturday: 4:30 pm (at the upper church)
Divine mercy adoration chapel:
- Monday to Friday: 7:00 am - 6:30 pm
- Saturday: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Sunday: closed
- Monday to Friday except Thursday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (except closed from 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm)
- Closed on Sundays, Thursdays, Holy Days & Holidays.